The UKAWEP launches Academy LIVE – where Creativity meets Connectivity
The UK Academy of Wedding and Event Planning are delighted to announce the launch of Academy Live which is a brand new product from the academy designed to help those starting out in the wedding industry and those already established to come together to Learn, be Inspired, Educate and Connect in a more personal way.
Director of the UKAWEP, Kylie Carlson said: ‘Academy LIVE is a free social learning platform hosted on the UK Academy of Wedding and Event Planning website that offers industry professionals the chance to connect with the team at the Academy, as well as each other, using interactive tools such as Google Hangouts, Video and Twitter. As the leading wedding education company in the UK it is the UKAWEP job to help move the industry forward with new and innovative ideas in a world where we all live our lives so virtually.’
Let’s have a look at what Academy LIVE offers you:
- Monthly Google Hangouts – every third Thursday of every month at 11am the UKAWEP will be hosting a live Google Hangout where they will be chatting to students and industry professionals live on air and answering questions about the Business of Weddings.
- Twitter Hour – #WedBizHour is a twitter chat focused on answering questions about being in business in the wedding industry. It will take place every Tuesday evening between 8pm and 9pm and it will cover a wide variety of topics.
- Podcast Series – Once a month the UKAWEP will be interviewing a top expert from within the wedding industry asking questions about how to make your business a success. The podcast will then be available on Academy LIVE for you to listen to in your own time.
- Academy TV – since the beginning of the year the UKAWEP director, Kylie Carlson, has been attending events, venues and more with her video production team . These videos are full of advice, inspiration and tips from industry professionals.
- The WedBiz Supper Club – this brand new initiative for the UKAWEP where a maximum of 15 people to join a team from the academy for an evening of fine dining, brainstorming and business talk.